Terms and Conditions of Hire
In order that we can help make your event run as smoothly as possible please take time to read our terms and conditions of hire carefully. We very much want you to come to us time and time again for all your special events and functions and these terms we hope will help make that happen.
In this document the following words have the following meanings:-
The Hirer: The person(s), firm or company who hires the goods from the Company
The Company: Willingham Hall Hire
Delivery Point: The place where the delivery of the goods is to take place.
The Goods: Any goods (including parts) that are agreed in the contract to be hired to the hirer.
- Prices quoted are for a 24 hour hire. Our charge rates are set out below
Friday to Monday – charged as 1 day (24hrs)
2-3 days – charged as 1.5 days
4-6 days – charged as 1.8 days
1 week – charged as 2 days
2 weeks – charged as 3 days
3 weeks – charged as 4 days
4 weeks – charged as 5 days
In addition to the hire charges a refundable deposit of £75 is required to cover loss or damage of goods. The deposit, less the replacement cost of breakages or loss will be returned when the goods have been checked at Willingham Hall. The hirer cannot substitute goods to cover for loss or damage. Where this is found to have happened the hirer will still be charged and the onus will fall on the hirer to collect the substituted goods at their own cost. Where the deposit is not sufficient to cover damage/loss the hirer will be liable for the remaining balance. This must be paid within 7 days of the date of hire
- Payment in full plus the deposit is required before the hire period starts. A delivery cannot be made until funds have cleared. We accept all major debit and credit cards.
- The price you pay for the goods is as set out on our website or brochures from which you ordered. The price is exclusive of V.A.T and other charges relating to loading, unloading, carriage etc.
- The company reserves the right to change the advertised price at any time.
- All goods supplied remain the property of the hirer during the hire period. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the goods are fully insured (new for old) on his/her own insurance with regard to loss, theft, damage and public liability risks etc.
- The hirer must ensure that no-one uses the equipment that is not instructed or suitably qualified for its safe and proper operation. All goods provided must be used in accordance and for the purpose of their intended use.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION OF GOODS
- A small charge is made for deliveries and this will be highlighted on your invoice. However additional charges may be levied if:-
(a) Delivery to site has not been explained which results in restricted access or delivery so difficult that it takes extra significant time to deliver. Please advise us at the time of enquiry about any difficulties we may incur. Ideally we require loading and unloading from the side of our vehicle and from hard standing ground. Access to marquees and service tents should be provided for particularly when the ground is wet.
(b) Goods not available for collection at the agreed delivery point and time may be charged if they are not available or only available in part. They must be packed and ready to be collected as agreed. Please use only the crates, boxes and packaging that are provided on delivery.
(c) Larger, heavier items such as cookers, ovens, chest freezers and fridges must have sensible width access. If these are needed above ground level floor please let us know at the time of booking.
- Exact delivery times cannot be guaranteed but am or p.m deliveries may be able to be arranged.
- It is a condition of hire that all our crockery and cutlery is sanitised. Therefore all goods will be delivered “shrink wrapped” in units of 10 per item. Our charges therefore reflect this system to ensure we satisfy hygiene regulations. You will therefore be charged for all items regardless of whether they have been used.
- Use of our wash up service to ensure the control of hygiene is also a condition of our hire. We charge a relatively small fee of 6p per item for this. All dirty goods will be collected at the end of the hire.
- The hirer is responsible for checking goods immediately on delivery and must report all discrepancies to us on the day of delivery. Complaint made after return of goods cannot be considered.
- All returned goods will be checked for damages, breakages and missing items at Willingham Hall. This will be reported back to you together with the replacement cost within 48 hours. Lost items subsequently found will be credited back to you within 7 days.
- Table Linen can very easily become damaged with careless use. To prevent damage always make sure it is dry before it is packed away. Damage can be caused by candle wax, streamers, decorations, pollen from flower arrangements and pens. Torn, burnt or stained cloths will therefore be charged at the replacement rate. We can advise on alternate table coverings for younger celebrations.
- The company promises to ensure that every effort will be made to fulfil orders to specification but in the unlikely event of unavailability this will be substituted for the closest possible alternative. The description for all our advertised products is for guidance only. It may well be that the actual colour, size, style, shade or size may differ slightly due to wear. However you can always visit our showroom to see the quality and range we have to offer firsthand.
- The company shall have no liability for any failure of delivery or delay in delivery that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control